Econic Network 90 Day Challenge – Official Terms
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
THE ECONIC 90 DAY CHALLENGE (THE “CHALLENGE”) IS OPEN TO VALIDLY REGISTERED PARTNERS AND MERCHANTS OF ECONIC NETWORK WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND DURING THE CHALLENGE ARE HEREIN REFERRED TO ALTERNATIVELY AS A “PARTICIPANT”, AN “ENTRANT” OR A “USER”.
DO NOT ENTER THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA , OR IF YOU ARE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS.
1. Challenge Description; The Challenge is a BETA software trial competition in which a User agrees to submit business results data from their Econic Network Merchant or Partner account during the Term to compete for cash awards discussed in section 6 of these Official Terms. Such data will be used by Econic data Scientists ( “ Econic Data Scientists”) to identify winners on the basis of the terms set forth below in Section 6 of these Official Terms.
2. Term; The Challenge begins on December 1, 2022, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Term” . THIS IS A 90 DAY COMPETITION !! (see section 6 of these Official Terms )
3. Eligibility; To be eligible to enter the Challenge, at the time of entry you must: (i) be a validly registered Partner or Merchant with an active license for the Econic Network software. Such registration can exist or be created any time prior to the beginning of the Term; (ii) have a confirmed entrant registration in the Challenge signup at https://www.econicnetwork.com/challenge; (iii) be a legal resident of the fifty United States including the District of Columbia; and (iv) be above the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside. Employees and representatives of Econic and its parent EMPR, their respective parents, agents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Challenge, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, or life partner) and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate as Entrants but can register on the Econic Network and enjoy all the business advantages which it offers. Econic and its parent EMPR reserve the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute on eligibility at any time.
4. How to Enter; To enter the Challenge, visit https://www.econicnetwork.com/challenge (the “Site”) prior to the Term and register for the Challenge.
- Obtain a licensed subscription to the Econic Network software either from the Econic Store or a certified Econic partner store, or use your existing registration ,properly onboard your account and create your merchant store at The Econic Web Store Onboarding
- Convert customers to your Econic webstore and app with supplied QR codes or URL links and use the Econic Network platform to transact with your customers.
- This will produce the data (“Challenge Data”) in your account that will be used to enter the Challenge leaderboard (“Submission”).
- Entrants receive a 90 Day Trial of the Econic BETA software platform in order to take part in the Challenge and provide Submissions.
Your Submission will be based solely on the Challenge Data which your business results generate and you knowingly provide and authorize to make accessible and available for internal Econic Challenge auditing and at all times on the public leaderboard during the Term. All entrants and Users of the Econic Network software must comply with all terms and conditions of use, available at Econic Network Terms of Service. During and after completion of the Challenge, a User can operate on the Econic Network and enjoy the many benefits it gives to small and medium sized business using the same registrations and licenses that enabled your participation in the Challenge. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Challenge.
5. General Terms; Entrant Obligations; Challenge Data of each Entrant is automatically submitted through routine database and account reporting by authorized employees of Econic or its parent EMPR. Challenge Data must be generated during the Term and submitted no later than the end of the Term. Only eligible Submissions actually generated during the Term will be eligible to win. Econic is not responsible for (i) late, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, fraudulent or incomplete Submissions, which are void, or (ii) for any computer-related, online, telephonic, or technical malfunctions that may occur. Econic reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Submissions not in compliance with these Official Terms.
By making automatic Submissions and participating in the Challenge, you represent and warrant that: (i) you agree to the terms and conditions of use of the Econic Network software available at Terms of Service and also hereby grant Econic Network an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use your Submission and personal testimonial for marketing, promotional and any other use; (ii) you are the owner of your Challenge Data, and you have secured any and all rights, releases, or permissions necessary for the use and distribution of your data and testimonial by Econic; (iii) in order to qualify for Challenge awards, entrants will fill out a survey and complete a testimonial which will be made available at https://www.econicnetwork.com/challengesurvey.
By entering the Challenge, each Participant (and parent/legal guardian if applicable) affirms that they have read, understand, and accepted these Official Terms. Econic reserves the right to cancel or modify the Challenge if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Econic’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Challenge, as determined by Econic in its sole discretion. In such event, Econic reserves the right not to not give an Award. Econic is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Challenge materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive Challenge related information (including entries) by Econic on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Econic is also not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering and/or downloading any materials in connection with the Challenge. Econic, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or User who engages in any conduct which Econic deems to be improper, unfair, or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Challenge. Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, falsifying personal information required during Challenge registration or prize claim, violating these Official Terms, accumulating entries through illegal methods or unfair tactics. Any attempt by any entrant to undermine the legitimate operations of the Challenge is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made Econic reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Partners and Merchants may promote the Challenge using Econic authorized marketing materials only. Partners can offer their members, network, or customers the 90 Day Challenge as a trial of the Econic Platform Merchants will at registration subscribe to a Partner’s bundle which includes an Econic license, with a 90-day trial period to start, after which trial period the Partner’s published monthly fee will be incurred, including Partner’s charge for the Econic license.
Challenge entries are electronic.
Terms are accepted electronically.
The Challenge entry requires an Econic subscription and a fully onboarded, verified business. Fully onboarded, verified business means:
- Econic subscription with a payment method registered
- Econic webstore and landing page with products and/or services listed
- Pin on the map – business owner has activated the Econic app
- At least 1 transaction with a customer and funds transferred into Merchant’s bank account
6. Identification of Winners; Awards;
Challenge winners will be identified from among Participants rated on the basis of sustainability of revenues determined by Econic Data Scientists.
The Partner Sustainability Award will be $10,000.
The Merchant Sustainability Awards will be $5,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place and $2,000 for third place.
The cash Awards will be deposited directly in a winner’s designated Econic Network bank account. Each Award will be awarded to one (1) winner. The need for and the Econic Data Scientists use of tiebreaking methods, if any are used, shall be determined by Econic in its sole discretion. Each Award includes (a) the cash Award to the business listed in the Econic Network account and (b) promotion of the winner in Econic Network and affiliated websites, social media, blogs, podcasts, and advertising channels.
No award substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of any of the awards is permitted by Participants and can be made only by Econic for reason of unavailability or unsuitability. Each award consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the award. All taxes, costs, and fees associated with the Award are. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and the business skill of the Entrants.
Registered Challenge Entrants give Econic permission to track and publish their statistics in a publicly available leaderboard.
Releases by winners:
The winners of the challenge agree to provide testimonials, including pictures, video, audio, text for release to the media, on the internet, in Econic websites, and in other media as Econic may determine. Econic shall own all copyrights on such materials and shall have unrestricted rights to use such material in connection with the Econic Network.
Challenge data is automatically collected and submitted for specific business objective measurements described above and posted on the Leaderboard, available at https://www.econicnetwork.com/challenge.
On or about March 15, 2023, the winners will be publicly identified by Econic Data Scientists using Challenge Data and will be notified by email, and announced in publicly available forums, events, and media as determined, selected, and represented by Econic. If the Identified winner does not respond to the notification attempt within seventy -two (72) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining entrants based on the selection criteria described herein.
The Econic Data Scientists’ decisions are final with respect to all aspects of determining the winners of the Challenge. Econic and its parent EMPR, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, officers, or directors, advertising and agencies, or their respective officers, directors, employees, and their respective agents will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. If a potential winner declines an Award, fails to claim an Award, cannot be contacted within the time period stated herein, fails to abide by the Official Terms, is determined to be ineligible for any reason including, without limitation, failure to comply with any term of the Partner Terms and Conditions or the Merchant Terms and Conditions and is terminated for such reasons by Econic, or if an Award notification email is returned as undeliverable, such Award will be forfeited, and Econic Data Scientists may select an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries based on Challenge data.
7. Conduct; By participating in the Challenge, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Terms. Failure to comply with these Official Terms may result in disqualification from the Challenge. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by decisions of Econic and/or the Econic Data Scientists, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Econic reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Challenge, Econic web site(s) or software; (b) violating these Official Terms; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general terms or guidelines of any Econic property or services; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting an Award, winners agree to submit their pictures to Econic and consent to Econic’ s use of their name, likeness, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice, Submission, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes related to the Challenge, and for any other business purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent without limitation of usage or duration of such rights and without regard to moral rights.
8. Limitations of Liability; The limitations of liability and indemnification provisions in favor of Econic, the Econic Network, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agent, advisors, parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliates set forth in the Econic Network Partner Program Agreement and in the Store Terms of Service Agreement available at registration and on the Econic website are adopted into these Official Terms as though fully set forth herein, In addition, by participating in the Challenge, Entrants agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release and hold harmless Econic, and its parents, related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any claim, injury, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Challenge (including but not limited to the receipt, use, or misuse of any Award or any component thereof) or the promotion thereof. Econic assumes no responsibility or liability for the following: (a) telephone, Internet or technical malfunctions that may occur in connection with the Challenge; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, any of the equipment or software associated with or utilized in the Challenge, or any other technical or human error which may occur in the processing of purchases and/or invoices in connection with the Challenge; (c) any injury or damage to participants related to or resulting from participating in this Challenge, including any use or receipt of an award herein; or (d) any use or inability to use any award.
9. Right to Terminate or Modify; If, for any reason whatsoever, in Econic’s sole judgement the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including because of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Econic which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Challenge, Econic reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge. Econic reserves the right to modify these Official Terms at any time for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Challenge. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Challenge is unlawful and subject to legal action by Econic or its agents.
11. DISPUTES GOVERNING LAW; Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Challenge or any Award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the City of Dallas , State of Texas, United States of America. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Terms entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Econic in connection with the Challenge , shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12 Entire Agreement; These Official Terms for the Econic Network 90 Day Challenge set forth the entire agreement between the Econic Network and each Entrant with respect to the Challenge, supersede all prior agreement whether written or oral with respect to the Challenge, and can be modified or amended only by Econic, in writing ,in its sole discretion and option.
13. Winner List / Official Terms; For a copy of the Official Terms for this challenge as they may evolve from time to time or for a list of the Challenge winner when posted please visit Challenge FAQs.